Physical Benefits of the bow (Dhanurasana)
1. The bow gives a full backward bend to the entire spine,producing great benefits from the from the cervical through thoracic,lumbar and sacral regions.It gives the combined effect of cobra and the locust.
2. The bow helps to remove constipation and dyspepsia and gastro-intestinal disorders.
3. The large and small intestines as well as the liver and spleen are benefited.regular practice of the bow helps to reduce fat,energise digestion,invigorate the appetite and relieve congestion of blood in the abdominal viscera.
4. The bow is specially recommended for people with diabetes,as it helps to regulate the pancreas.
5. Women especially benefit from the bow.
6. The thoracic region is expanded,a boon to persons suffering from respiratory problems such as asthma.
7. It helps Hunchback,rheumatism of the legs,knee joints and hands.
8. Ossification of bones is prevented.