Benefits of The Peacock (Mayurasana)
1. Because of the pressure on the abdomen,the blood is directed towards the digestive organs.as the intra-abdominal pressure is increased,the abdominal viscera is toned
2. Liver,pancreas,stomach and spleen are invigorated.The nerves and muscles connected with the kidneys and intestines are revitalised.
3. Sluggishness of the liver or hepatic torpidity disappears.
4. The peacock is an invaluable aid against problems of constipation,indigestion,diabetes and piles.
5. The arm muscles are strengthened.
6. Concentration and determination increase.
7. Physical and mental balance are promoted:lethargy removed.